FREE THE EARTH FROM DEVIL SMOKE

Failed intellectuals, arm-chair revolutionaries, frustrated utopians, tyrannical tycoons, spoilt spitritualists, profiteers, corrupt capitalists, lecherous leftists- all have ganged up against humanity in an unholy alliance.

whatever your views, whatever your religion, language, caste, color, creed, credo, nationality, profession, ideology, culture or any idiocyncracy --remember one thing that you will have to live, breathe, drink and eat on this planet EARTH. Therefore you have an obligation and equal right like anyone else to keep this planet livable and breathable. Cigarette smoking is one of the major causes that are making this planet unlivable. Rid yourself of this satanic evil if you are gripped by it and stand up against it. Join my blog and let our voices become one. Let there be synergy in our efforts.

Your non-smoking, non-drinking friend
webscout




Saturday, July 6, 2013

ANTI-SMOKING HELMET TO FIGHT TOBACCO ADDICTION


Man Devises Anti-Smoking Helmet To Fight Tobacco Addiction

ISTANBUL : A Kütahya local  who has tried and failed time and again to quit his 26-year smoking habit has made a special helmet with wires in front to restrain himself.

 

Kütahya resident İbrahim Yücel (42) has been a smoker for more than two decades. He says he has never been able to quit successfully, although he has tried a number of times. Yücel said: “Every birthday I wished I could stop smoking, but I have, unfortunately, never been able to bring my willpower under control. I regret smoking terribly, but I can't quit.”
Yücel's father died of lung cancer. Yücel said: “He died this year due to lung cancer, and even so I haven't been able to quit. I was thinking of how to control myself, and it occurred to me that I could make myself cage-like headgear. God willing, I think I will succeed this time.”
The anti-smoking helmet Yücel has contrived is similar to a motorcycle helmet. It is made of copper wires and has two padlocks. “I will lock these as I leave the house and give one key to my wife and the other to my daughter. I will leave the house in this cage,” he said.
Yücel, who just started trying out his cage, said, “I am just so happy to be wearing this helmet, so I won't be able to smoke anymore. I promise in the name of God that I will absolutely quit.”
His spouse, Kevser Yücel (36), says: “We have been married for 16 years, and he has tried to quit many times. He would try every New Year, on our anniversary, birthdays and the children's birthdays. He usually quits for a couple of days, and then takes it up again. His father's passing because of lung cancer became a milestone. He said he would never smoke again on the 40th day of his father's death, but unfortunately he started again after 10 days.” Kevser Yücel said she found the helmet a bit embarrassing, but came to find it more logical after giving it some thought. “I got used to the idea, and now it seems logical,” she said.
LINK:
          http://www.todayszaman.com/news-319728-man-devises-anti-smoking-helmet-to-fight-tobacco-addiction.html

 

No comments: