- thetruth.com - American Legacy Foundation tobacco education campaign covers cigarettes, smoking, other tobacco products. "The truth about how the cigarette industry operates".
- Tobacco BBS - Cigarettes, tobacco, and smoking-related news and issues, addresses, tobacco history, information on quitting, and a quote of the day section.
- Addicted to Nicotine: A National Research Forum - Includes presentation summaries of papers presented at the conference held in 2001 at the (US) National Institutes of Health. Topics include nicotine delivery systems, pharmacology, individual and environmental risk factors, the psychobiology of addition, and treatment of nicotine dependence.
- Ammonia Added to Cigarettes Can Significantly Boost Availability of Nicotine - Independent research confirms that ammonia added to cigarettes can boost the availability of nicotine up to 100 times.
- Cancer Facts and Figures - Concise summary from the American Cancer Society of tobacco use, cigarettes, trends in smoking, profiling smokers, costs of tobacco, nicotine addiction, secondhand smoke, spit tobacco, and industrial hazards.
- CDC's TIPS: Tobacco Information and Prevention Source - Maintained by the CDC's Office on Smoking and Health. Covers tobacco-related issues, statistics, news, research, data, reports, quitting tips, educational materials, publications, . Also sections dedicated to youth.
- A Collection of Articles on Nicotine Addiction - Articles about research studies funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- eMedicine - Nicotine Addiction - Medical facts on the physiology of nicotine addiction, and the effect tobacco products have on the brain, lungs, and other vital organs, and a treatment options section.
- Good Health -- Healthy Lifestyle - This site is dedicated to convincing people to live a healthy lifestyle, to improve their quality of life, and avoid (or reduce the severity of) chronic disease.
- 'Impact Booster': Tobacco Firm Shows How Ammonia Spurs Delivery of Nicotine - 1996 Pulitzer prize-winning reporting on how the tobacco industry uses ammonia to engineer cigarettes for addiction.
- Infofax - Cigarettes and Other Nicotine Products - NIH short summary of nicotine effects.
- Low Tar Exposed - Site explains why "low tar", "light" and "mild" cigarettes are just as harmful as regular cigarettes.
- M. D. Anderson Cancer Center - Tobacco & Cancer - University of Texas medical center factsheets on effects of smoking and tobacco, and tips and support for quitting. One-third of M. D. Anderson patients have tobacco-related cancers.
- Nicotine Addiction - Concise factsheet.
- Nicotine Addiction in Britain - Complete online book by the Royal College of Physicians; covers physical. pharmacological, and psychological effects; addiction; the smoker's career; regulation of intake; treatment; regulatory approaches; recommendations.
- Nicotine Addiction in Britain - Includes report produced by the Royal College of Physicians. "Nicotine addiction is one of the major reasons why people continue to smoke cigarettes, and cigarettes are in reality extremely effective and closely controlled nicotine delivery devices".
- Nicotine and Addiction - ASH-UK factsheet on nicotine, its properties, difficulty in quitting, measures of dependence, withdrawal systems, genetic influence, and tobacco industry recognition of the its importance. [PDF]
- Nicotine and the Tobacco Industry - Science Week article focuses on 3 decades of tobacco industry efforts to engineer cigarettes for addiction.
- Nicotine Junkies - Information on kids and smoking, facts about smoking and addiction.
- Quit Victoria - "Tobacco smoking is the single most important cause of ill health and premature death in Australia." Not just quitting information -- health questions answered; effects of cigarettes; quit evaluation studies; information in languages other than English; smokefree workplaces and dining.
- Reducing the Addictiveness of Cigarettes - Can cigarettes be made less addictive? Scientific paper examines the question.
- Report of the UK Scientific Committee on Tobacco and Health - Report covers the scientific evidence on active smoking, passive smoking, nicotine addiction, price and marketing of cigarettes and other tobacco products, cessation, key conclusions.
- Research Report: Nicotine Addiction - Information from the National Institute on Drug Abuse about nicotine, addiction, the extent and impact of tobacco use, how nicotine delivers its effect, consequences of continued use, treatments, and gender differences.
- Smoking And Tobacco Factsheets - From the Missouri Health Department, a large set of factsheets on cigarettes, tobacco advertising, health effects, and secondhand smoke.
- Smoking Is Ugly - Created and sustained by Christy Turlington, an online resource guide, providing information and links to numerous lung cancer and smoking-cessation related websites. SmokingIsUgly.com is part of Turlington's campaign to raise awareness about the effects of smoking, smoking related diseases and lung cancer.
- TCSG - Tobacco and The Elderly - Papers and factsheets on: tobacco and minorities, state tobacco settlement funds, tobacco and older persons.
- Tobacco Advertising and Document Collections - Growing set of resources presenting and organizing tobacco industry documents; shows what the industry says in private about youth, advertising, promotions; features a poster on the history of youth cigarette brands.
- Tobacco Control Online - A quarterly scientific journal covering all aspects of tobacco use prevention and control.
- Tobacco in Australia: Facts and Issues - A complete, online, book, with all citations to the literature. Covers cigarettes, other tobacco products; statistics and trends; health effects; smoking in the workplace and public places; public policy; addiction; quitting; anti-smoking campaigns; and the tobacco industry.
- Tobacco Industry Hall of Shame - List of stars and performers killed by tobacco.
- The Tobacco Reference Guide - Online book provides quotes, summaries, and factsheets about hazards of smoking.
- TobaccoFree - Offers smoking cessation tips, research results, and tips for staying smoke free.
- WHO: The Tobacco Atlas - History of tobacco, types of use, male and female smoking, youth, cigarette consumption, health effects, secondhand smoke, deaths, costs; the trade, the industry, smuggling, tobacco promotion and marketing, Internet sales, politics; activism, research, tobacco control, policy initiatives; quitting, litigation, pricing, and futures.
- WHO Tobacco Free Initiative (TFI) - A WHO cabinet project created to focus international attention, resources and action on global tobacco use and problems caused by that use.
- WhyQuit - Cold Turkey Quitting - A support group and education forum dedicated exclusively to the science and art of successful abrupt nicotine cessation.
- "Crack" Nicotine in Cigarettes Varies Widely - New research measures amount of free-base nicotine in "the modern cigarette, a highly engineered nicotine delivery device". (July 28, 2003)
- OncoLink: The Control and Manipulation of Nicotine and Cigarettes - 1994 news article. Kessler report on how the tobacco industry controls and manipulates nicotine in its product. (June 21, 1994)
- ABC DayOne: Smoke Screen - Now-famous segment on nicotine manipulation in cigarettes. (February 28, 1994)
FREE THE EARTH FROM DEVIL SMOKE
Failed intellectuals, arm-chair revolutionaries, frustrated utopians, tyrannical tycoons, spoilt spitritualists, profiteers, corrupt capitalists, lecherous leftists- all have ganged up against humanity in an unholy alliance.
whatever your views, whatever your religion, language, caste, color, creed, credo, nationality, profession, ideology, culture or any idiocyncracy --remember one thing that you will have to live, breathe, drink and eat on this planet EARTH. Therefore you have an obligation and equal right like anyone else to keep this planet livable and breathable. Cigarette smoking is one of the major causes that are making this planet unlivable. Rid yourself of this satanic evil if you are gripped by it and stand up against it. Join my blog and let our voices become one. Let there be synergy in our efforts.
Your non-smoking, non-drinking friend